Bananas is more than potassium (Thinkstock Photos/Getty Images)
We know the basics of bananas that bananas are a good source for potassium but do we know some of its unexpected benefits? Here are some bonus facts about the benefits of bananas that is not known commonly.
1. Potassium:It is good for your body because it helps regulate your blood pressure. Potassium found in bananas also benefits your bones. By helping to suppress calcium excretion, bananas reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis and brittle bones as you age.
2. Fiber: Bananas are also an excellent source of fiber. To aid in maintaining a healthy digestive system, bananas help food move smoothly through your digestive tract. This also helps in bananas relieve the symptoms of heartburn.
3. Vitaminis and Mineral: With high levels of Vitamin B6, bananas are essential to producing healthy blood. They contain good levels of Vitamin C, magnesium and manganese which enhances your immunity.
4. Ulcer beater:Besides fighting cancer, bananas also help to protect against stomach ulcers.
5. Reduces stress: The best bonus benefit of bananas is that they affect your mood and stress levels. Bananas are a good source of trypothan, a chemical when released in the body converts into serotonin. With proper serotonin levels, bananas help improve your mood, reducing stress.